Sunday, September 25, 2005

Dedicated to Cedele

Today started lonely. Wing left real early for his soccer thing. Woke up around 1130. Was sorta awoken by a phone call, telling me that the person wouldn't be having lunch. As I am unable to get back to sleep, I woke up and have crackers and cheese for breakfast.

The usual sunday lunch. Some old stuff. Extremely predictable. The thought of sunday's lunch sometimes brings a bad appetite. Nothing compared to the usual spread my mum prepares. There are even days I wished I could eat cup noodles instead of these. I decided that it was ok today and didn't think much of it.

After lunch, Mum expressed interest in going out. She wanted to head down Great World City. I was quite intrigued by her suggestion. After wing got home, we headed out. After a treacherous journey on the MRT, we finally arrived at Somerset station. (The train was filled with really irritating PRCs with irritating kids and irritating aunties. SO IRRITATING!!)

Number 16 took 3 light years to arrive. The weather was really pissing me off. I felt like I was suffering from a mild epilepsy disorder. I could feel the sharp pain travelling from my head to my teeth. I was grinding my teeth, feeling like the whole head was going to go 'POP'.

Stepping into Great World City, the first thing that caught my eye was a bakery called cedele, the baker's depot. This place is something else, I tell you. Cedele has been around for a while. This is not the first time we visited this bakery. (The last time we bought some exquisite bread for jude.) But today, we decided to dine in. For starts, the service is really excellent. The staff there really aim to please. I ordered 4 raisin scones, one slice of sugee cake, a raisin oatmeal cookie and a bowl of mushroom asparagus soup. Mum had the depot's brew with a shot of almond, me n wing had iced tea. There was even freshly baked bread to accompany the soup. My, the soup was really nice! There was 4 types of soup on the menu. In fact, there was some many things i wished I could try. Mains like Pasta, teriyaki chicken with herbs, tofu burgers...etc. The whole experience there today only costed abt $24. Not bad at all. Reasonable. I could go on and on abt this place. Maybe it's something new to me. I'm rather sick of the usual delifrance, tcc, cafe cartel, starbucks...I will recommend this place to anyone. There is bound to be something you like here. Of cos you don't have to travel all the way here. There are branches of Cedele located at Raffles place, Suntec City and the airport. Sounds like I'm hard-selling the place, right? Haha...It's really not bad!

The thing about me is I don't really like to conform. I LOVE to try new stuff. I like to buy stuff that are not mainstream. Perharps that's why sometimes people dun understand why I would pay $100 for a tee.(I think this is a designer's favourite hobby.) But i'm happy. It makes me feel good. That's all that matters. That's why I find it hard to shop sometimes. These standards I set sometimes really makes it even more strenous. So, throw me new and interesting(er...expensive?)stuff anytime!

No basics, need complication. No simple motifs, need intricate designs. No boredom, need excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home